Paul: can you elaborate a little bit on what exactly your problem is?

 - what is the full component list you are using?
 - how are you changing the param value (ie: what does the code look like)
 - what isn't working the way you expect?

: I've been using my own QueryComponent (that extends the search one)
: successfully to rewrite web-received parameters that are sent from the
: (ExtJS-based) javascript client. This allows an amount of
: query-rewriting, that's good. I tried to change the rows parameter there
: (which is "limit" in the query, as per the underpinnings of ExtJS) but
: it seems that this is not enough.
:
: Which component should I subclass to change the rows parameter?

-Hoss