Hi,

I did not want to hijack this thread (
http://www.mail-archive.com/solr-user@lucene.apache.org/msg34181.html)
but I am experiencing the same exact problem mentioned here.

To sum up the issue, I am getting intermittent "Unavailable Service"
exception during indexing commit phase.
I know that I am calling commit "very often" but I do not see any way around
this.  This is my situation, I am
indexing a huge amount of documents using multiple instance of SolrJ client
running on multiple servers.  There is no way
for me control when "commit" is called from these clients, so two different
clients can call commit "at the same time".
I am not sure if I can/should use auto/timed commit because I need to know
if a commit failed so I can rollback the batch that failed.

What kind of options do I have?
Should I try to catch the exception and keep trying to "recommit" until it
goes through?  I can see some potential of problems with this approach.
Do I need to write a request broker to queue up all these commit and send
them to solr one by one in a "timely" manner?

Just wanted to know if anyone has a solution for this problem before I dive
off the deep end.

Thanks,
Phong