No, this is only a bug in analysis.jsp.

you can see this by comparing analysis.jsp's "dontstems bees" to using
the query debug interface:
<lst name="debug">
  <str name="rawquerystring">"dontstems bees"</str>
  <str name="querystring">"dontstems bees"</str>
  <str name="parsedquery">PhraseQuery(text:"dontstems bee")</str>
  <str name="parsedquery_toString">text:"dontstems bee"</str>