I am sure that this question has been asked a few times, but I can't seem to
find the sweetspot for indexing.

I have about 100,000 files each containing 1,000 xml documents ready to be
posted to Solr. My desire is to have it index as quickly as possible and then
once completed the daily stream of ADDs will be small in comparison.

The individual documents are small. Essentially web postings from the net.
Title, postPostContent, date.

What would be the ideal configuration? For RamBufferSize, mergeFactor,
MaxbufferedDocs, etc..

My machine is a quad core hyper-threaded. So it shows up as 8 cpu's in TOP
I have 16GB of available ram.

Thanks in advance.
Charlie