Hello Anurag

Google is always there to do internet search. You need to support search for
your university. My opinion would be don't crawl the sites. You require only
Solr and not Nutch.

1. Provide an interface to upload the documents by the university students.
The documents could be previous year question paper, Notes, E-books etc.
Scan the documents and convert it to PDF and upload them. Providing search
on these things would be more valuable than crawling the sites.

Regards
Aditya
www.findbestopensource.com