You've hit it right on the head... if you can use the standard
analyzers/filters/etc, you're in good shape.

You have to process the output (xml, json, whatever) as Otis
says, but that's in whatever language your app server uses.

But when was the last time you were motivated to write a blog
post like "just used the package and it all worked" :). Perhaps
one of the things you're seeing is that people are motivated
to write about the nifty parts of what they do... Coupled with
the fact that people write to the users' list exactly because they
can't make the standard stuff do their particular task.

It's nice to know you *can* extend it with plugins for those gnarly
situations though.

So I say "go for it"!

Best
Erick