: Thanks for the response, actually what we need to achive is see group by
: results based on dates like,
:
: 2011-01-01  23
: 2011-01-02  14
: 2011-01-03  40
: 2011-01-04  10
:
: Now the records in my table run into millions, grouping the result based on
: UTC date would not produce the right result since the result should be
: grouped on users timezone.  Is there anyway we can achieve this in Solr?

Date faceting is entirely driven by query params, so if you index your
events using the "true" time that they happend at (formatted as a string
in UTC) you can then select your date ranges using whatever timezone
offset is specified by your user at query time as a UTC offset.

        facet.range = dateField
        facet.range.start = 2011-01-01T00:00:00Z+${useroffset}MINUTES
        facet.range.gap = +1DAY
        etc...

-Hoss