Ok, thanks. Yeah, I'm in the same boat and want to know what others have
done with document numbers that large.

I know there is SolrCloud that can federate numerous solr instances and
query across them, so I suspect some solution with 100's of M's of docs
would require a federation.

If anyone has done this, some best practices would be great to know!