On Thu, May 19, 2011 at 9:56 AM, Erik Fäßler <erik.faess...@uni-jena.de> wrote:
> I have a few questions concerning the field cache method for faceting.
> The wiki says for enum method: "This was the default (and only) method for
> faceting multi-valued fields prior to Solr 1.4. ". And for fc method: "This
> was the default method for single valued fields prior to Solr 1.4. ".
> I just ran into the problem of using fc for a field which can have multiple
> terms for one field. The facet counts would be wrong, seemingly only
> counting the first term in the field of each document. I observed this in
> Solr 1.4.1 and in 3.1 with the same index.

That doesn't sound right... the results should always be identical
between facet.method=fc and facet.method=enum. Are you sure you didn't
index a multi-valued field and then change the fieldType in the schema
to be single valued? Are you sure the field is indexed the way you
think it is?  If so, is there an easy way for someone to reproduce
what you are seeing?

-Yonik
http://www.lucenerevolution.org -- Lucene/Solr User Conference, May
25-26, San Francisco