Are you talking about a facet query or a facet field?
If it's a facet query, I don't get what's going on.
If it's a facet field... well, if it's a fixed set of words you're interested
in, filter the query to only those words and you'll get counts only for them.
If you just need to filter out common words, I don't remember exactly how it
works, but when you declare the text field (or its type) you can specify a
processor that does exactly that: removes common words from the indexed field
and, hence, you shouldn't get counts on them, because they just aren't there.
Sorry if my information is inexact. I haven't had to deal with this feature yet.