Hi all

here is what I have been trying and the problem

I am trying to see how many times a single word appears in a field.
Basically, I have a field called universal, and lets say the field is like
this:

"car house road age sex school education education tree garden"

and I am searching useing the word "education" so I am expecting 2 as my
result.

I have did the configurations on
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/TermVectorComponent and my piece code is this :

TermFreqVector vector = this.reader.getTermFreqVector(this.docId,
"universal");

int index = vector.indexOf("education");

 int freq = vector.getTermFrequencies()[index];

but here as  vector.indexOf("education"); returns -1 i got an error.

in addition, i have tried this too:

TermFreqVector vector = reader.getTermFreqVector(this.docId, "universal");
                            String universalTerms[] = vector.getTerms();

to see the lenght of universalTerms array, and it is 1 and only value that
array stores is the field value:

universalTerms[0]= "car house road age sex school education education tree
garden"

anyone can help me with this?

-----
Zeki ama calismiyor... Calissa yapar...