Dear list,
after switching from FAST to Solr I get the first _real_ data.
This includes search times, memory consumption, perfomance of solr,...

What I recognized so far is that something eats up my OldGen and
I assume it might be replication.

Current Data:
one master - indexing only
two slaves - search only
over 28 million docs
single instance
single core
index size 140g
current heap size 16g

After startup I have about 4g heap in use and about 3.5g of OldGen.
After one week and some replications OldGen is filled close to 100 percent.
If I start an optimize under this condition I get OOM of heap.
So my assumption is that something is eating up my heap.

Any idea how to trace this down?

May be a memory leak somewhere?

Best regards
Bernd

Bernd Fehling                Universitätsbibliothek Bielefeld
Dipl.-Inform. (FH)                        Universitätsstr. 25
Tel. +49 521 106-4060                   Fax. +49 521 106-4052
bernd.fehl...@uni-bielefeld.de                33615 Bielefeld

BASE - Bielefeld Academic Search Engine - www.base-search.net