If I read this correctly, one approach is to specify an
increment gap in a multiValued field, then search for phrases
with a slop less than that increment gap. i.e.
incrementGap=100 in your definition, and search for
"apple orange"~99

If this is gibberish, please post some examples and we'll
try something else.

Best
Erick