Hi Otis,
Sending to solr-user mailing list.

We see this CLOSE_WAIT connections even when i do a simple http request via
curl, that is, even when i do a simple curl using a primary and secondary
shard query, like for e.g.

curl "
http://primaryshardhost:8180/solr/core0/select?q=*%3A*&shards=secondaryshardhost1:8090/solr/appgroup1_11053000_11053100
"

While fetching data it is in ESTABLISHED state

-sh-3.2$ netstat | grep ESTABLISHED | grep 8090
tcp        0      0 primaryshardhost:36805 secondaryshardhost1:8090
ESTABLISHED

After the request has come back, it is in CLOSE_WAIT state

-sh-3.2$ netstat | grep CLOSE_WAIT | grep 8090
tcp        1      0 primaryshardhost:36805 secondaryshardhost1:8090
CLOSE_WAIT

why does Solr keep the connection to the shards in CLOSE_WAIT?

Is this a feature of Solr? If we modify an OS property (I dont know how) to
cleanup the CLOSE_WAITs will it cause an issue with subsequent searches?

Can someone help me please?

thanks,
Mukunda

Mukunda