Hi Gaurav, not sure what your use case is (and if no sorting at all is ever
required, is Solr / Lucene what you need?).
You can certainly sort by a field (or more) in descendant or ascendant order
by using the "sort" parameter.
You can customize the scoring algorithm by overriding the DefaultSimilarity
class, but first make sure that this is what you need, as most use cases can
be implemented with the default similarity plus queries / filter queries /
function queries, etc.
Regards,

Tomás