Hello Adam,
I've managed to create a small POC of integrating Mahout with Solr for a
clustering task, do you want to use it for clustering only or possibly for
other purposes/algorithms?
More generally speaking, I think it'd be nice if Solr could be extended with
a proper API for integrating clustering engines in it so that one can plug
and exchange engines flawlessly (just need an Adapter).
Regards,
Tommaso