I'm exploring SolrCloud for a new project, and have some questions based
upon what I've found so far.

The setup I'm planning is going to have a number of multicore hosts,
with cores being moved between hosts, and potentially with cores merging
as they get older (cores are time based, so once today has passed, they
don't get updated).

First question: The solr/conf dir gets uploaded to Zookeeper when you
first start up, and using system properties you can specify a name to be
associated with those conf files. How do you handle it when you have a
multicore setup, and different configs for each core on your host?

Second question: Can you query collections when using multicore? On
single core, I can query:

 http://localhost:8983/solr/collection1/select?q=blah

On a multicore system I can query:

 http://localhost:8983/solr/core1/select?q=blah

but I cannot work out a URL to query collection1 when I have multiple
cores.

Third question: For replication, I'm assuming that replication in
SolrCloud is still managed in the same way as non-cloud Solr, that is as
ReplicationHandler config in solrconfig? In which case, I need a
different config setup for each slave, as each slave has a different
master (or can I delegate the decision as to which host/core is its
master to zookeeper?)

Thanks for any pointers.

Upayavira
---
Enterprise Search Consultant at Sourcesense UK,
Making Sense of Open Source