On Thu, Jun 9, 2011 at 9:23 AM, Jason Toy <jason...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I want to be able to run a query  like idf(text, 'term') and have that data
> returned with my search results.  I've searched the docs,but I'm unable to
> find how to do it.  Is this possible and how can I do that ?

In trunk, there's a very new feature called pseudo-fields where (among
other things) you can include the results of arbitrary function
queries along with the stored fields for each document.

fl=id,idf(text,'term'),termfreq(text,'term')

Or if you want to alias the idf call to a different name:

fl=id,myidf:idf(text,'term'),mytermfreq:termfreq(text,'term')

Of course, in this specific case it's a bit of a waste since idf won't
change per document.

-Yonik
http://www.lucidimagination.com