On Fri, Jun 17, 2011 at 1:30 AM, pravesh <suyalprav...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> If you are sending whole CSV in a single HTTP request using curl, why not
> consider sending it in smaller chunks?

Smaller chunks should not matter - Solr streams from the input (i.e.
the whole thing is not buffered in memory).

It could be related to autoCommit.  Commits may be stacking up faster
than can be handled.   I'd recommend getting rid of autocommit if
possible, or at a minimum get rid of the maxDocs based autocommit.
Incremental updates can use commitWithin to guarantee a
time-of-visibility, and bulk updates like this CSV upload normally
shouldn't commit until the end.

-Yonik
http://www.lucidimagination.com