Thank you this is something that I wanted to hear.  I knew the design was
most likely flawed because I have never done Solr or any kind of full text
searching, but needed an unbiased opinion.  I think that if I were to tune
the configs and pay close attention to the logs with lots of performance
testing I might be able to achieve close to near real time (1-5 mins).  I've
been reading this mailing list, Hathi Trust, Lucid Imagination and other
sites for insights.

Again Thank you.

Zarni