(11/06/20 21:41), Jamie Johnson wrote:
I am trying to index data where I'm concerned that storing the contents of a
specific field will be a bit of a hog so we are planning to retrieve this
information as needed for highlighting from an external source.  I am
looking to extend the default solr highlighting capability to work with
information pulled from this external source and it looks like this is
possible by extending DefaultSolrHighlighter (line 418 to pull a particular
field from external source) for standard highlighting and
BaseFragmentsBuilder (line 99) for FastVectorHighlighter.  I could just hard
code this to say if the field name is a specific value look into the
external source, is this the best way to accomplish this?  Are there any
other extension points to do what I'm suggesting?

There is a couple of long lived issues in jira for this (I'd like to try to
search
them, but I couldn't access jira now).

For FVH, it is needed to be modified at Lucene level to use external data.

koji
--
http://www.rondhuit.com/en/