About being new... no problem, we all have to learn....

But this part of your output:
<str name="rawquerystring">query</str>
  <str name="querystring">query</str>
  <str name="parsedquery">title:query</str>
  <str name="parsedquery_toString">title:query</str>

indicates that something's weird with your query. Can you show the
exact URL you use? If you're searching form the admin interface, that
will be the URL in the results window. Because this is indicating a couple
of things:
1> your query is of the form "?q=query" or some such.
2> your default search field is "title" (see schema.xml)..

Best
Erick