Bob

Thanks very much for the reply!

I am using a unique integer called order_id as the Solr index key.

My query, deltaQuery and deltaImportQuery are below:

<entity name="item1"
  pk="ORDER_ID"
  query="select 1 as TABLE_ID , orders.order_id, orders.order_booked_ind,
orders.order_dt, orders.cancel_dt,     orders.account_manager_id,
orders.of_header_id, orders.order_status_lov_id, orders.order_type_id,
orders.approved_discount_pct, orders.campaign_nm,
orders.approved_by_cd,orders.advertiser_id, orders.agency_id from orders"

  deltaImportQuery="select 1 as TABLE_ID, orders.order_id,
orders.order_booked_ind, orders.order_dt, orders.cancel_dt,
orders.account_manager_id, orders.of_header_id, orders.order_status_lov_id,
orders.order_type_id, orders.approved_discount_pct, orders.campaign_nm,
orders.approved_by_cd,orders.advertiser_id, orders.agency_id from orders
where orders.order_id = '${dataimporter.delta.ORDER_ID}'"

  deltaQuery="select orders.order_id from orders where orders.change_dt >
to_date('${dataimporter.last_index_time}','YYYY-MM-DD HH24:MI:SS')" >
        </entity>

The test I am running is two part:

1.  After I do a full import of the index, I insert a brand new record (with
a never existed before order_id) in the database.  The delta import picks
this up just fine.

2.  After the full import, I modify a record with an order_id that already
shows up in the index.  I have verified there is only one record with this
order_id in both the index and the db before I do the delta update.

I guess the question is, am I screwing myself up by defining my own Solr
index key?  I want to, ultimately, be able to search on ORDER_ID in the Solr
index.  However, the docs say (I think) a field does not have to be the Solr
primary key in order to be searchable.  Would I be better off letting Solr
manage the keys?

Mark