Hello,

We have implemented solr search in  several languages .Intially we used the
"GET" method for querying ,but later moved to  "POST" method to accomodate
lengthy queries .

When we moved form  GET TO POSt method ,the german characteres could no
longer be searched and I had to use the fucntion utf8_decode in my
application  for the search to work for german characters.

Currently I am doing this  while quering using the POST method ,we are using
the standard Request Handler

$this->_queryterm=iconv("UTF-8", "ISO-8859-1//TRANSLIT//IGNORE",
$this->_queryterm);

This makes the query work for german characters and other languages but does
not work for certain charactes  in Lithuvanian and spanish.Example:
*Not working

   - *Iš
   - Estremadūros
   - sNaująjį