Um sorry for any confusion.  I meant to say I solved my issue by inserting a
charFilter before the WhitespaceTokenizerFactory to convert my problem word to
a searchable form.  I had a cut n paste malfunction below.  Thanks guys.

-----Original Message-----
From: Robert Petersen [mailto:rober...@buy.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 19, 2011 11:06 AM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: RE: Analysis page output vs. actually getting search matches, a
discrepency?

Thanks Eric,

Unfortunately I'm stemming the same on both sides, similar to the SOLR example
settings for the text type field.  Default search field is moreWords, as I want
yes.

Since I don't have this problem for any other mfg names at all in our index of
almost 10 mm product docs, and this shows that is should match in my best
estimation.

Note:  LucidKStemFilterFactory does not take 'Sterling' down to 'Sterl' in
indexing nor searching, it stays as 'Sterling'.

I have given up on this.  I've decided it is just an unexplainable anomaly, and
have solved it by inserting a LucidKStemFilterFactory and just modifying that
word to it's searchable form before hitting the WhitespaceTokenizerFactory,
which is kind of hackish but solves my problem at least.  This seller only has
a couple hundred cheap products on our site, so I have bigger fish to fry at
this point.  I've wasted too much time trying to chase this down.

Cheers all
Robi