I have arrived a site where solr is being run under jetty. It is ubuntu 10.04
i386 hosted on AWS (xen). Our combined solr index size is a mere 21 MB. What
I am seeing that solr is steadily consuming about 150 MB of swap per week
and won't relinquish it until sunspot is restarted.

Oddly, Jetty doesn't seem to have any memory parameters to speak up supplied
to it, which may very well be the problem in that no garbage collection is
taking place, but I wanted to see if anyone else who uses solr/jetty has
encountered this and if they added some memory parameters to the jetty's
java args.

Thanks,
Matthew