Well, it sort of depends on what you mean by the 'previous' and the 'next'
record.

Do you have some type of sequencing built into your concept of your solr /
lucene indexes?  Do you have sequential id's?

i.e. What's the use case, and what's the data available to support your use
case?

Bob Sandiford | Lead Software Engineer | SirsiDynix
P: 800.288.8020 X6943 | bob.sandif...@sirsidynix.com
www.sirsidynix.com