Hi Erik,

I have several "types" with different properties, but they are supposed to be combined to one search. Imagine a book with property "title" and a journal with property "name". (the types in my project have of course more complex properties.)

So I created a new core with combined searchfields: field "name" is indexed, "title" is indexed, some shared properties are indexed like "id".
Further an additional solr field "type" is created.
Of course there are several indexer, each per type. A specific type indexer stores only the fields of that type and stores further the type information eg "book".
After indexing, all types are in the same core.

To search over all types, the query has to look like that "((title: bla) and (type: book)) or ((name: bla) and (type: journal))".

At least you get books or journal sorted by boost factor - and you have the type information as return field to differ the search results.

I hope it is coherent.

Thanks for your answer,
 Best Ralf