On Sat, Aug 6, 2011 at 2:30 PM, Paul Libbrecht <p...@hoplahup.net> wrote:

> Le 6 août 2011 à 20:21, Yonik Seeley a écrit :
>>
>> It is creating a new searcher, but then closing the old searcher after
>> all currently running requests are done using it (that's what the
>> reference counting is for).
>> After the searcher is closed, it's removed from the list.
>
> Not if using:
>          rb.req.getCore().getSearcher().get().getReader()
> right?
>
>> Pay attention to the address of the searcher on the stats page:
>>  searcherName : Searcher@7d0ade7e main
>> You should see the address change after a commit.
>

> I saw that one.
> But how can I see retention?

Oh, I see... you want to re-create the bug so you can see when it is fixed?
To trigger the bug, you need to hit a code path that uses the
getCore().getSearcher().get() code.

So first send a request that hits that buggy code, then add a doc and
do a commit, and then you should see
more than one searcher on the stats page.

-Yonik
http://www.lucidimagination.com