Hello!

I have a doubt about the behaviour of searching over field types that have
positionIncrementGap defined. For example, supose that:

   1. We have a field called "test" defined as multi-valued and white space
   tokenized.
   2. The index has an single document with a "test" value:

<str>
TEST1
</str>
<str>
AAA BBB
</str>
<str>
CCC DDD
</str>
<str>
EEE FFF
</str>
<str>
TEST2
</str>

I read that positionIncrementGap defines the virtual space between the last
token of one field instance and the first token of the next instance
(source:
http://lucene.472066.n3.nabble.com/positionIncrementGap-in-schema-xml-td488338.html).
When it says "last token of one field instance" means that is the last token
of the first entry from the multi-valued content? In our example before it
will be "TEST1".

Anyway, I've been doing some tests modifying the positionIncrementGap value
with high values and low values. Can anybody explain me with detail which
implications has in Solr scoring algorythm an upper and a lower value? I
would like to understand how this value affects matching results in fields
and also calculating the final score (maybe more gap implies more spaces and
a worst score when the value matches, etc.).

Thank you for reading so far!