Hi,

This might probably have been discussed long time back, but I got this error
recently in one of my production slaves.

SEVERE: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: OutOfMemoryError likely caused by the
Sun VM Bug described in https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-1566;
try calling FSDirectory.setReadChunkSize with a a value smaller than the
current chunk size (2147483647)

I am currently using Solr1.4. Going through JIRA Issue comments, I found
that this patch applies to 2.9 or above. We are also planning an upgrade to
Solr 3.3. Is this patch included in 3.3 so as to I don't have to manually
apply the patch?

What are the other workarounds of the problem?

Thanks in adv.

*Pranav Prakash*

"temet nosce"

Twitter <http://twitter.com/pranavprakash> | Blog <http://blog.myblive.com> |