Hi,
I just migrated to solr 3.3 from 1.4.1.
My index is still in 1.4.1 format (will be migrated soon).

I have an error when I use sharding with the new version:

org.apache.solr.common.SolrException: java.lang.RuntimeException: Invalid
version (expected 2, but 1) or the data in not in 'javabin' format

However, if I request each shard independently (/request), answer is
correct. So the error is triggered only with the shard mechanism.

While I foresee to upgrade my indexes, I'd like to understand the issue,
e.g. is it an "upgrade" issue or don't shards support using an "old" format.

Thanks

Olivier