From: Jason Toy [mailto:jason...@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 17, 2011 5:15 PM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: solr keeps dying every few hours.

I have a large ec2 instance(7.5 gb ram), it dies every few hours with out of
heap memory issues.  I started upping the min memory required, currently I use
-Xms3072M .
I insert about 50k docs an hour and I currently have about 65 million docs with
about 10 fields each. Is this already too much data for one box? How do I know
when I've reached the limit of this server? I have no idea how to keep control
of this issue.  Am I just supposed to keep upping the min ram used for solr?
How do I know what the accurate amount of ram I should be using is? Must I keep
adding more memory as the index size grows, I'd rather the query be a little
slower if I can use constant memory and have the search read from disk.