Hi Eric

Let me clarify:

1) The user gives a query, and also has an option to choose the "from" and
"to" values for a specific field.
(For Eg: Give me all documents that match the query Solr Users, but with
those that were last updated between 10th and 20th of August ranked on top)

-Over here, I am currently using a BoostQuery functionality, to do this.
However, along with this, I want to provide an additional option of Sorting
these "boosted" results based on that range chosen above.

2) I don't want to use an Fq option because, it will filter out the
documents not within this range. I want the all the results relevant to the
query, with an option to put a sorted list of documents, that satisfy the
range requirements.

I hope I made my query clearer now.

S.