Hi all,
I am wondering if Solr will do the following for a project I am working on.
I want to create a search engine with facets for potentially hundreds of
websites.
Similar to say crawling amazon + buy.com + ebay and someone can search these
3 sites from my 1 website.
(I realise there are better ways of doing the above example, its for
illustrative purposes).
Eventually I would build that search crawl to index say 200 or 1000
merchants.
Someone would come to my site and search for "digital camera".

They would get results from all 3 indexes and hopefully dynamic facets eg
Price $100-200
Price 200-300
Resolution 1mp-2mp

etc etc

Can this be done on the fly?

I ask this because I am currently developing webscrapers to crawl these
websites, dump that data into a db, then was thinking of tacking on a solr
server to crawl my db.

Problem with that approach is that crawling the worlds ecommerce sites will
take forever, when it seems solr might do that for me? (I have read about
multiple indexes etc).

Many thanks