Hi

   You mean to say copy the String field to a Text field or the reverse .
This is the approach I am currently following

Step 1: Created a FieldType

     <fieldType name="string_lower" class="solr.TextField"
sortMissingLast="true" omitNorms="true">
        <analyzer>
    <filter class="solr.TrimFilterFactory" />
        </analyzer>
     </fieldType>

Step 2 : <field name="str_category" type="string_lower" indexed="true"
stored="true"/>

Step 3 : <copyField source="ts_category" dest="str_category"/>

And in the SOLR Query planning to q=hospitals&qf=body^4.0 title^5.0
ts_category^10.0 str_category^8.0

The One Question I have here is All the above mentioned fields will have
"Hospital" present in them , will the above approach work to get the exact
match on the top and bring "Hospitalization" below in the results

Thanks
Balaji