I could use an easier way to do this myself:

I'm going to add a main method to ZkController that will make this simpler -
I've got an early version that works something like: java -classpath .:*
org.apache.solr.cloud.ZkController 127.0.0.1:9983 127.0.0.1 8983 solr
/home/mark/workspace/SolrCloud/solr/example/solr/conf conf1

--
- Mark

http://www.lucidimagination.com