Old entry but I try to configure auto commit.

I am still not sure to understand how Solr handles the commit process.

Does Solr really wait for 10000 documents before send a commit ?

I was thinking, it will use maxTime and then commit a number of documents
less than 10000.

Could you please correct this following scenario:
- 20 documents are added.
- After value of maxTime is reached, the 20 documents are committed because
less than 10000 ?
- 20000 documents are added.
- After value of maxTime is reached, only the first 10000 documents are
committed. The next 10000 will on next iteration of commit phase.

Is it the right way to understand both maxTime and maxDocs parameters ?

Thanks,

> - If I enable <autoCommit> and set <maxDocs> at 10000, does it mean that
> my new documents won't be avalable for searching until 10,000 new
> documents have been added?

Yes, that's correct. However, you can do a commit explicitly, if you want to
do so.