First, watch the syntax <G>....

q=+(stemmed:perl^2 or stemmed:java^3) +unstemmed:"development manager"^5
although it is a bit confusing to see the dismax stuff where the boost
is put on the
field name, but that's not how the queries are formed.

BTW, have you looked at edismax queries? You can distribute your terms
across the fields, applying whatever boost you want and have the query
input be pretty simple. It takes a bit to get your head around what
edismax does,
but it's worth it....

But before you go there.... You've presented no evidence that this is desirable.
What is the use-case here? You say "users may want"... Well, why do the work
unless they *do* want this capability? I'd strongly advise that you
just forget about
this feature unless and until there's a demonstrated need. Here's a
blog I made at
Lucid. Long-winded, but I'm like that sometimes....

http://www.lucidimagination.com/blog/2011/11/03/stop-being-so-agreeable/

Best
Erick