Hi,

What about using the delta-import command of the DIH?
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/DataImportHandler#Using_delta-import_command

If you want two have 2 separated indexes, you could play with the "swap"
command.
One index would be continuously updated and the other one used for the user
requests.
>From time two time you will have to "swap" to that users get the most
recent data.
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/CoreAdmin (swap part).