On Sun, Dec 11, 2011 at 3:16 PM, Jason Toy <jason...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm thinking about modifying my index process to use json because all my
> docs are originally in json anyway . Are there any performance issues if I
> insert json docs instead of xml docs?  A colleague recommended to me to
> stay with xml because solr is highly optimized for xml.

I'd make a big bet the JSON parsing is faster than the xml parsing.

And you have the cost of converting your docs to XML...

If you are too worried, do some testing. I'd simply use JSON. The JSON
support should be considered first class - it just came after the XML
support.

--
- Mark

http://www.lucidimagination.com