: Eventually the goal is to do different ranges on the same field.  Month by
: day.  Day by hour.  Year by week.  Something to that effect.  But I thought
: I'd start simple to see if I could get the syntax right and what I have
: above doesn't seem to work.
: So it doesn't seem interested in me using the local key.  From reading here:
:
http://lucene.472066.n3.nabble.com/Date-Faceting-on-Solr-3-1-td3302499.html#a3309517
: it would seem i should be able to do it (see the note at the bottom).

That was me, and i was wrong in that post ... what worked was changing the
output key, but using that key to specify the various date (ie: range)
based params has never worked, and i didn't realize that at the time.

The work to try and fix this is currently being tracked in tihs Jira
issue, i recently spelled out what i think would be needed to finish it
up, but i don't think anyone is actively working on it (if you want to
jump in, patches would certianly be welcome)...

-Hoss