: Is it possible to configure solr such that the filter query cache
: settings is set to fq={!cache=false} by default?

well, you could always disable the filterCache -- but i get the impression
you want *most* "fq" filters to not be cached, but sometimes you'll
specify some thta you *do* want cached? is that it?

I don't know of anyway to do that (or even anyway to change solr easily to
make that posisble) for *only* the "fq" params.

I was going to suggest that something like this should work a a way to
disable caching of all queries unless you explicitly re-enable it...

  ?cache=false?q={!cache=true}foo&fq=bar&fq={!cache=true}yak

...in which case you could change up your "q" param so it would default to
being cached (and move that "cache=false" to a default in your solrconfig
if you desired)...

  ?cache=false?q={!cache=true v=$qq}&qq=foo&fq=bar&fq={!cache=true}yak

...but eviddently thta doesn't work.   aparently "cache" is only consulted
as a local param, and doesn't default up to the other request (or
configed default) SolrParams.

I'm not sure if that was intentional or an oversight -- but if you'd like
to open a Jira requesting that it work someone could probably look into
it (patches welcome!)

-Hoss