From: Juan Grande [mailto:juan.gra...@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, December 12, 2011 11:50 PM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: Trim and copy a solr field

Hi Swapna,

You could try using a copyField to a field that uses
PatternReplaceFilterFactory:

    <fieldType class="solr.TextField" name="path_location">
      <analyzer>
        <filter class="solr.PatternReplaceFilterFactory" pattern="(.*)/.*"
replacement="$1"/>
      </analyzer>
    </fieldType>

The regular expression may not be exactly what you want, but it will give
you an idea of how to do it. I'm pretty sure there must be some other ways
of doing this, but this is the first that comes to my mind.

*Juan*