Hi all,

I feel like I must be missing something here...

I'm working on a customized version of the SearchHandler, which supports
distributed searching in multiple *local* cores.

Assuming you want to support SearchComponents, then my handler needs to
create/maintain a ResponseBuilder, which is passed to various SearchComponent
methods.

The ResponseBuilder has a "finished" list of ShardRequest objects, for requests
that have received responses from shards.

Inside the ShardRequest is a "responses" list of ShardResponse objects, which
contain things like the SolrResponse.

The SolrResponse field in ShardResponse is private, and the method to set it is
package private.

So it doesn't appear like there's any easy way to create the ShardResponse
objects that the SearchComponents expect to receive inside of the
ResponseBuilder.

If I put my custom SearchHandler class into the same package as the
ShardResponse class, then I can call setSolrResponse().

It builds, and I can run locally. But if I deploy a jar with this code, then at
runtime I get an illegal access exception when running under Jetty.

I can make it work by re-building the solr.war with my custom SearchHandler,
but that's pretty painful.

Any other ideas/input?

Thanks,

-- Ken