Hi,

I'm a complete newbie and currently at the stage of wondering whether
Solr might be suitable for what I want.

I need to take search results collected by another system in response to
user requests and allow each user to view their set of results in
different ways: sorting into different order, filtering by facets, etc.

I am wondering whether it would be practical to do this by creating a
Solr index for each result set on the fly. Two particular questions are:

1. Is it even practical to do this in real time? Assuming that each set
of results contains low hundreds of elements (each a bibliographic
record), and that the users' patience is not unlimited.

2. What would be the best way to manage a separate index for each query,
given that the main constraint is time, and that the number of indexes
needed simultaneously is not known in advance? Create a separate core
for each query, or use a single index with a query id as one of the
keys, or..?

Thanks for any advice (or pointers to existing systems which work like
this)

Graham