: > > Well, we don't use multicore feature of SOLR, so in our case SOLR
: > instances
: > > are just separate web-apps. The web-app loading order probably then
: > affects
: > > on which app gets hold of a jmx 'pipe'.

A feature was added in SOLR-1843 specificly to help address this potential
collision, by allowing you to override the "rootName" used in your <jmx />
declaration (by default it's "solr/${corename}") but looking at the issue
now i see it was only committed to trunk...

...even though this looks like a fairly straight forward candidate to
merge back to 3x.  i'll look into it.

-Hoss