Hi all, I'm having an issue that I hope someone can shed some light on.

I have a Groovy program, using Solr 3.5, where I am attempting to use
EmbeddedSolrServer using the instructions shown here:

http://wiki.apache.org/solr/Solrj#EmbeddedSolrServer

to that end, I have code setup like this:

System.setProperty('solr.solr.home',
'/usr/servers/solr/apache-solr-3.5.0/example/heceta');
CoreContainer.Initializer initializer = new CoreContainer.Initializer();
CoreContainer coreContainer = initializer.initialize();

EmbeddedSolrServer solrServer = new EmbeddedSolrServer(coreContainer, '' );

to initialize the solrServer.  But when I try to add a doc using the solrServer
instance, I get an exception:

org.apache.solr.common.SolrException: No such core:
        at
org.apache.solr.client.solrj.embedded.EmbeddedSolrServer.request(EmbeddedSolrServer.java:104)
        at
org.apache.solr.client.solrj.request.AbstractUpdateRequest.process(AbstractUpdateRequest.java:105)
        at org.apache.solr.client.solrj.SolrServer.add(SolrServer.java:121)
        at org.apache.solr.client.solrj.SolrServer.add(SolrServer.java:106)
        at org.apache.solr.client.solrj.SolrServer$add.call(Unknown Source)
        at
org.fogbeam.exp.IndexerWithOwnerInfo.indexFile(IndexerWithOwnerInfo.groovy:150)

My solr.xml looks like this:

<solr persistent="false">

  <!--
  adminPath: RequestHandler path to manage cores.
    If 'null' (or absent), cores will not be manageable via request handler
  -->
  <cores adminPath="/admin/cores" defaultCoreName="collection1">
    <core name="collection1" instanceDir="." />
  </cores>
</solr>

Can somebody tell me if the documentation on how to set this up is
wrong, or if there is a solr bug, or if there
is just something I've missed in my configuration?

Thanks,

Phillip