Hi,

I'm setting up a search system that I expect lawyers to use, and I know they're demanding about the query operators they want. I've been looking around a bit, and while some of these are possible on the backend, I can't see how to enable them on the front end since they lack operators:

- exact match (disabling stemming): Ideally, users need a way of turning this on or off for terms in their query (e.g. [ =walking running ] would stem the word running, but not walking). - term quorum: This can be done via the mm parameter, but not as part of a query. Making it part of the query increases the flexibility of the parameter, since users can make queries like [ (dog cat kitten)/2 AND goat ], which could request documents containing two of dog, cat or kitten, as well as goat. - term order: Requesting that one term come before another doesn't seem to be possible, but can be very useful in some cases.

These are all possible in the Sphinx search engine, which is what I'm coming from, and I don't see feature requests for them in Jira. Would it be worth it to put these in, or is there a reason that Solr/Lucene don't currently support these functions within queries?

Thanks,

Mike