Hi,

For reverse indexing we are using the ReversedWildcardFilterFactory on Solr 4.0

<filter class="solr.ReversedWildcardFilterFactory" withOriginal="true"

maxPosAsterisk="3" maxPosQuestion="2" maxFractionAsterisk="0.33"/>

ReversedWildcardFilterFactory was helping us to perform leading wild card
searches like *lock.

But it was observed that the performance of the searches was not good after
introducing ReversedWildcardFilterFactory filter.

Hence we disabled ReversedWildcardFilterFactory filter and re-created the
indexes and this time we found the performance of Solr query to be faster.

But surprisingly it is observed that leading wild card searches were still
working inspite of disabling the ReversedWildcardFilterFactory filter.

This behavior is puzzling everyone and wanted to know how this behavior of
reverse indexing works?

Can anyone share with me on this Solr behavior.

-Shyam